-

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Comments on a Product for Relief From Tinnitus

QUESTION: Please comment on this ad that I found in my health magazine that I receive every month.
P.S.
You try it first and then tell your readers the results.

ANSWER: The ad you sent proclaims in large capitals that the product will afford relief from buzzing, ringing and pain in your ears.
Obviously you are aware that I am one of the millions who suffer from a condition known as tinnitus, that peculiar chirping sound that never takes a rest, and frequently disturbs mine.
The ad also states, quite correctly, that tinnitus (which is the perception of sound by the sufferer without there being any source for the sound) may result from a middle ear infection, wax in the ear, or due to nerve deafness.
Consider that it may be caused by many other conditions as well, including foreign bodies in the ear, infectious processes including external otitis, myringitis (infection of the ear drum), otitis media (infection of the middle ear), labyrinthitis (infection of the inner ear), petrositis (infection of the bone), syphilis and meningitis.
To those I could add eustachian tube obstruction, otosclerosis, middle ear tumors, Meniere's Disease, problems due to medications, cardiovascular disease and hypertension, anemia, low thyroid function, noise-induced hearing loss, blast injury and head trauma. Impressive list, and the pathology or the way they affect hearing is different in almost every case.
Now this product which contains all natural products including aloe will correct the problem for a mere $10.00 for 1 ounce.
And you want me to test it for you.
I am a dedicated and sometimes brave man, but there is a limit even to my devotion to my readers.
It certainly stretches my credibility that any such concoction could achieve even the most limited results.
There are too many possible causes for tinnitus, and as you know from reading my column, a good treatment must be directed to correct the specific cause.
No one product could possibly do it all.
Tell you what, you save the $10.00, I'll save what is left of my hearing, and I promise you that this column will carry the news of the real cure for tinnitus, when and if they ever find one.


The material contained here is "FOR INFORMATION ONLY" and should not replace the counsel and advice of your personal physician.
Promptly consulting your doctor is the best path to a quick and successful resolution of any medical problem.